Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What I watched in 2009

I put a lot of hours into film watching last year. Although I only went to the theatre four times (and regretted it twice), I bought a number of films for my personal library, caught a few with groups of friends and watched a surprising amount on streaming internet video.

Although I'm mostly interested in classic film, I did watch a bit of schlock in 2009; heck, some of the older films I watched weren't that hot either. It just goes to show that "classic" was invented by ad agencies, not critics.

Below I've listed every film I watched for the first time in 2009:

Some of these films I now count among my personal favorites; Dark City completely blew me away and I watched it about four times in 2009. I also strongly recommend Being There, Full Metal Jacket, Gunga Din, Hoop Dreams, I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang, Judgment at Nuremberg, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Letters From Iwo Jima, the Lives of Others, the Lost Weekend, My Cousin Vinny, Our Man in Havana, the Ox-Bow Incident, the Prisoner of Zenda, Ratatouille, Rocky, the Spiral Staircase, Targets, Unforgiven and WALL-E to anyone who hasn't seen them.

No comments: