Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy birthday James Horner!

Today, August 14th, is the birthday of film composer James Horner. I'm happy to wish him the best because he's written some of my favorite scores to a few of my all-time favorite films! His resume includes:

Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan...

...Aliens...

...Glory...

...And Avatar!

Interestingly, Horner has only won an Academy Award once, and that was for Titanic...bit of a gimmie there. Even though his score for Glory was used repeatedly in the Academy Award specials, it didn't even receive a nomination! So, yeah, the Academy is out to lunch. The Grammys know what time it is; they've given Horner three awards, including one for Glory.

Oh yeah...

I also like James Horner because he shares a birthday with me. So, happy birthday to us both!

No comments: