Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Inner Sanctum Halloween Month, day 6 of 31: "The Judas Clock"

Today the Inner Sanctum episode I'd like to revisit is one I've blogged about before: "The Judas Clock", first broadcast April 17, 1945. This is my absolute favourite episode of Inner Sanctum Mysteries, so I'd be cuckoo not to bring it up.

This is the prime episode I turn to when I want to show OTR fans just how good Inner Sanctum can be. The story involves a clock which depicts the Biblical Judas Iscariot. It's not a very happy subject for a work of art and indeed, this clock can kill! The episode is a bit more gruesome than the usual fare on Inner Sanctum -- when I was a teenager I heard it while riding in the car with my family and my mother was disgusted by the violence in this tale. Just remember, it's all in your mind...

This phenomenal episode is hosted by Raymond Edward Johnson and features Berry Kroeger, Santos Ortega, Jackson Beck and Alice Reinheart. You can listen to this episode at archive.org by clicking here.

No comments: