Saturday, October 22, 2022

OTR Halloween Day 22: The Sealed Book

The Sealed Book was a transcribed series that appeared over Mutual in March-September, 1945. It was made by the same duo of Robert A. Arthur and David Kogan who wrote for the Mysterious Traveler. As near as I can tell, every episode of the Sealed Book is recycled from an earlier Mysterious Traveler script (somewhat trimmed to fit the Sealed Book's shorter runtime); that's not necessarily bad, since we're missing a lot of Mysterious Traveler episodes and these fill some gaps. I blogged some more about the Sealed Book in one of my Radio Recaps.

In "Time on My Hands" from August 26, 1945, a man who's down on his luck turns to a pawn shop. He has nothing to offer but his life, so agrees to trade some years from his life for money. Unfortunately, that's the beginning of his troubles.

You can hear "Time on My Hands" on the Internet Archive.

No comments: