- The Great Dictator (1940)
- Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- Duck Soup (1933)
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- A Christmas Story (1983)
- Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House (1948)
- The Philadelphia Story (1940)
- To Be or Not to Be (1942)
- Bringing up Baby (1938)
- Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Once again, there are certain trends you can observe; for one, I appear to be roughly 90 years old. For another, I really seem to like Cary Grant.
Comedy is a tricky one with me. I like amusing wordplay more than slapstick and I like slapstick more than gross-out humour. I also have a limit to the amount of snark I can take with my comedy, so modern comedies have a hard time winning me over. I usually do my best to avoid comedies.
Explaining why I find something funny is a task I'm not equipped to meet. Instead, I'll just give you a scene from my favorite comedy, the Great Dictator:
Tomorrow: the Mystery/Suspense genre