Thursday, January 14, 2010

Movies in 2010

Having looked back at 2009, now I'm looking ahead to 2010. Using Wikipedia's 2010 in film article as my guide, I've looked over what's supposedly coming out this year to see what I'm interested in. It's a short list, but since I went into 2009 only intending to watch two films in the theatre, this is an increase for me:
  • Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Expendables
  • Iron Man 2
  • The Losers
  • Red
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tron Legacy

So, almost everything I want to see is either a sequel or an adaptation. I really don't know what to expect from the Expendables but it's interesting to me because of its unusual cast.

Still, I expect that most of my film viewing will be of older films. There's a host of Kurosawa flicks I want to see, a number of film noirs that are supposed to be good and I'm thinking of sampling Martin Scorcese's catalogue. However, what I'd most like would be to get a copy of der Verlorene with English subtitles. Youtube's copy is non-subtitled German. sigh

No comments: