Sunday, August 30, 2020

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (season 7) Creator Credits

A couple of weeks ago Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. completed its seventh and final season, so I have compiled another list of the comic book creators who innovtated characters and ideas demonstrated on the show. I found the season a little uneven but it hit some great highs and ended the show in a satisfying way.

My full list of Marvel Cinematic Universe creator credits can be found right here.

Stan Lee: co-creator of the Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Avengers #1, 1963); of the Inhumans, a sub-species of humanity who possess superhuman abilities (Fantastic Four #45, 1965); of the Inhumans based in a hidden city in the Himalayan mountains (Fantastic Four #47, 1966); of the Kree, an extraterrestrial race (Fantastic Four #64, 1967); of Bruce Banner, a famous scientist (Incredible Hulk #1, 1962); of Nick Fury, a capable soldier; of Gabe Jones, one of the Howling Commandos (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #1, 1963); of Eric Koenig, an ally of Nick Fury (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #27, 1966); of S.H.I.E.L.D., an international espionage agency; of Life Model Decoys, S.H.I.E.L.D. androids designed to mimic human behaviour; of Hydra, a terrorist organization which battles S.H.I.E.L.D.; of Nick Fury as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.; of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, a massive flying aircraft carrier; of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s flying cars with hover technology built into their wheels (Strange Tales #135, 1965); of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents dressed in blue jumpsuits (Strange Tales #139, 1965); of the Hydra logo, a skull atop octopus arms (Strange Tales #151, 1966); of Peggy Carter, Captain America's wartime love interest (Tales of Suspense #75, 1966); of Glenn Talbot, an officer in the US Air Force who battles rogue superhumans (Tales to Astonish #61, 1964); of extraterrestrial robots being sent to observe events on Earth (Thor #132, 1966); of the Terrigen Mist, superhuman crystals which grant the Inhumans their abilities (Thor #146, 1967)

Jack Kirby: co-creator of the Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Avengers #1, 1963); of the Red Skull, a Nazi criminal; of Abraham Erskine, inventor of the Super-Solder Serum (Captain America Comics #1, 1941); of the Inhumans, a sub-species of humanity who possess superhuman abilities (Fantastic Four #45, 1965); of the Inhumans based in a hidden city in the Himalayan mountains (Fantastic Four #47, 1966); of the Kree, an extraterrestrial race (Fantastic Four #64, 1967); of Bruce Banner, a famous scientist (Incredible Hulk #1, 1962); of Nick Fury, a capable soldier; of Gabe Jones, one of the Howling Commandos (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #1, 1963); of S.H.I.E.L.D., an international espionage agency; of Life Model Decoys, S.H.I.E.L.D. androids designed to mimic human behaviour; of Hydra, a terrorist organization which battles S.H.I.E.L.D.; of Nick Fury as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.; of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, a massive flying aircraft carrier; of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s flying cars with hover technology built into their wheels (Strange Tales #135, 1965); of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents dressed in blue jumpsuits (Strange Tales #139, 1965); of the Hydra logo, a skull atop octopus arms (Strange Tales #151, 1966); of Peggy Carter, Captain America's wartime love interest (Tales of Suspense #75, 1966); of extraterrestrial robots being sent to observe events on Earth (Thor #132, 1966); of the Terrigen Mist, superhuman crystals which grant the Inhumans their abilities (Thor #146, 1967)

Brian Michael Bendis: co-creator of Victoria Hand, a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer with red highlights in her hair (Dark Avengers #1, 2009); of Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, a superhuman ally of Daisy who has superhuman speed (Mighty Avengers #13, 2008); of Quake, Daisy JOhnson's codename (New Avengers #20, 2006); of Daisy Johnson, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with the superhuman power to control seismic energy; of Daisy's gloves used to help control her powers (Secret War #2, 2005)

Jonathan Hickman: co-creator of Hive, a parasite-like creature, infecting various people (Secret Warriors #2, 2009); of Yo-Yo Rodriguez having both of her hands cut off by agents of Hydra (Secret Warriors #3, 2009); of Yo-Yo Rodriguez using prosthetic hands (Secret Warriors #8, 2009); of Daniel Whitehall, an agent of Hydra (Secret Warriors #11, 2010); of Conrad Murphy, an ally of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Secret Warriors #24, 2011)

Roy Thomas: co-creator of Quinjets, the personal aircraft of the Avengers (Avengers #61, 1969); of the Ghost Rider, a supernatural hero (Marvel Spotlight #5, 1972); of Jim Morita, a World War II Nisei soldier who fought alongside the Howling Commandos (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #38, 1967); of the round eagle logo used by S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strange Tales #154, 1967)

Dick Ayers: co-creator of Eric Koenig, an ally of Nick Fury (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #27, 1966); of Jim Morita, a World War II Nisei soldier who fought alongside the Howling Commandos (Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #38, 1967); of Peggy Carter, Captain America's wartime love interest (Tales of Suspense #75, 1966)

Bob Harras: co-creator of Al MacKenzie as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, 1989); of Hydra taking over S.H.I.E.L.D. from within (Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, 1988); of Aphonse "Al" MacKenzie, a spy affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D. (Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #3, 1988)

Stefano Caselli: co-creator of Hive, a parasite-like creature, infecting various people (Secret Warriors #2, 2009); of Yo-Yo Rodriguez having both of her hands cut off by agents of Hydra (Secret Warriors #3, 2009); of Daniel Whitehall, an agent of Hydra (Secret Warriors #11, 2010)

Paul Neary: co-creator of the Red Skull's name Johann Shmidt (Captain America #298, 1984); of Hydra taking over S.H.I.E.L.D. from within (Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, 1988); of Aphonse "Al" MacKenzie, a spy affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D. (Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #3, 1988)

Jim Steranko: creator of blue S.H.I.E.L.D. uniforms with white belts and holsters (Strange Tales #167, 1968); co-creator of the Hydra logo, a skull atop octopus arms (Strange Tales #151, 1966); of the round eagle logo used by S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strange Tales #154, 1967)

Sal Buscema: co-creator of Peggy Carter's name (Captain America #162, 1973); of Peggy Carter as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Captain America #169, 1974); of Hugh Jones, a corrupt businessman (Captain America #180, 1974)

Steve Englehart: co-creator of Peggy Carter's name (Captain America #162, 1973); of Peggy Carter as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Captain America #169, 1974); of Hugh Jones, a corrupt businessman (Captain America #180, 1974)

Gabriele Dell'Otto: co-creator of Daisy Johnson, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with the superhuman power to control seismic energy; of Daisy's gloves used to help control her powers (Secret War #2, 2005)

Mike Friedrich: co-creator of Peggy Carter as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Captain America #169, 1974); of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy where agents are trained for the organization (Marvel Super Action #1, 1976)

Frank Miller: co-creator of John Garrett, a cybernetic agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Elektra: Assassin #2, 1986); of Chastity McBride, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Elektra: Assassin #5, 1986)

Bill Sienkiewicz: co-creator of John Garrett, a cybernetic agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Elektra: Assassin #2, 1986); of Chastity McBride, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Elektra: Assassin #5, 1986)

John Buscema: co-creator of Quinjets, the personal aircraft of the Avengers (Avengers #61, 1969); of the Xandarians, an extraterrestrial race (Nova #1, 1976)

Alessandro Vitti: co-creator of Yo-Yo Rodriguez using prosthetic hands (Secret Warriors #8, 2009); of Conrad Murphy, an ally of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Secret Warriors #24, 2011)

Joe Simon: co-creator of the Red Skull, a Nazi criminal; of Abraham Erskine, inventor of the Super-Solder Serum (Captain America Comics #1, 1941)

Steve Ditko: co-creator of Glenn Talbot, an officer in the US Air Force who battles rogue superhumans (Tales to Astonish #61, 1964)

George Evans: co-creator of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy where agents are trained for the organization (Marvel Super Action #1, 1976)

Mike Deodato Jr.: co-creator of Victoria Hand, a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer with red highlights in her hair (Dark Avengers #1, 2009)

Charles Soule: co-creator of Flint, a young Inhuman with the power to control rocks (Inhuman #3, 2014)

Joe Madureira: co-creator of Flint, a young Inhuman with the power to control rocks (Inhuman #3, 2014)

M. C. Wyman: co-creator of Rick Stoner, the original director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Fury #1, 1994)

Barry Dutter: co-creator of Rick Stoner, the original director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Fury #1, 1994)

Don Heck: co-creator of Howard Stark, an inventive genius (Iron Man #28, 1970)

Archie Goodwin: co-creator of Howard Stark, an inventive genius (Iron Man #28, 1970)

Mark Millar: co-creator of the Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters (Ultimates #1, 2002)

Bryan Hitch: co-creator of the Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters (Ultimates #1, 2002)

Doug Murray: co-creator of Michael Phillips, a soldier (The 'Nam #17, 1988)

Wayne Van Sant: co-creator of Michael Phillips, a soldier (The 'Nam #17, 1988)

Mike Ploog: co-creator of the Ghost Rider, a supernatural hero (Marvel Spotlight #5, 1972)

Gary Friedrich: co-creator of the Ghost Rider, a supernatural hero (Marvel Spotlight #5, 1972)

John Byrne: creator of Roger Dooley, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (Marvel Graphic Novel #18, 1985)

Jim McCann: co-creator of Susan Morse, Bobbi Morse's mother (Hawkeye & Mockingbird #1, 2010)

David Lopez: co-creator of Susan Morse, Bobbi Morse's mother (Hawkeye & Mockingbird #1, 2010)

Marv Wolfman: co-creator of the Xandarians, an extraterrestrial race (Nova #1, 1976)

J. M. DeMatteis: co-creator of the Red Skull's name Johann Shmidt (Captain America #298, 1984)

No comments: