Thursday, October 19, 2023

OTR Halloween 2023 Day 19: "Is This Murder?"

"That door? That's my workshop. I haven't been in there in quite some time. Artificial limbs. Rather unusual ones if I do say so myself. I've invented a few devices, you see, and they've been quite successful. Oh, yes. A great many persons wear hands, arms, legs and so on that I invented. You- didn't know my assistant, of course. Why, I don't know. I don't know where he is. As a matter of fact, it's Dan I wanted to talk to you about. Dan and Joyce. Joyce was his sweetheart. No. No, I didn't murder them."

This is an odd episode that certainly keeps you guessing as the narrator (our friend Ernest Chappell) keeps hinting at a murder that has been committed. He alludes to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein as he describes his own attempts at creating life - and the death that resulted from this experiment.

"Is This Murder?" was originally broadcast January 16, 1949. You can listen to the episode at Quiet, Please.org.

Image created using Firefly.

No comments: