Saturday, October 7, 2023

OTR Halloween 2023 Day 7: "I Remember Tomorrow"

"Would you tell me the time, please? Oh, thank you. Thank you very much. I just wanted to see how much more time I have before a certain thing happens. I wanted to see if I have time enough to tell you what's going to happen."

Several of creator Wyllis Cooper's Quiet, Please stories involve time travel; in this case, our protagonist is an alcoholic scientist who is hired by criminals to unlock the secret of time travel. The scientist succeeds and then learns how he's going to die - but he mostly accepts his fate, as he's clearly a man already on a path to self-destruction. Like many time travel adventures there's a suggestion that time cannot be changed, but the scientist does make an effort to obtain justice by recruiting assistance from you, the listener!

"I Remember Tomorrow" was originally broadcast July 27, 1947. You can listen to the episode at Quiet, Please.org.

Image created using Firefly.

No comments: