Monday, October 9, 2023

OTR Halloween 2023 Day 9: "Kill Me Again"

"You ever hear anybody say 'I'd sell my soul for' this, that or the other? Well, not very many people really mean it when they say it. Unfortunately, I did. And I found a buyer. No, nothing very exciting. No crashes of thunder, no red fire. No, the doorbell just rang and when I opened the door there was a worried little looking man standing there."

This episode is about 1/3rd serious and 2/3rd very funny; this is the story of a man who sells his soul to the Devil and, as he proclaims "makes a profit." But like all such tales there are loopholes which the Devil is eager to exploit. There are many depictions of the Devil in popular culture - here he comes off primarily like a meek businessman but he's shrewd and definitely not to be trusted.

"Kill Me Again" was originally broadcast November 17, 1947. You can listen to the episode at Quiet, Please.org.

Image created using Firefly.

No comments: