Thursday, October 26, 2023

War of the Worlds Turns 85!

The 1938 broadcast of "The War of the Worlds" on Mercury Theater on the Air has become possibly the most-heard radio drama in the history of radio thanks it's repeated replays over the decades. Certainly it was among the first old-time radio shows I heard as a young listener, thanks to the LP copy owned by my father.

I'm sure it seems passé to other OTR fans to be talking about "War of the Worlds" - or even cliché with Halloween upon us. Still, I'm linking to an article about "War of the Worlds" because it appears at my employer's website, and how often do they post anything about OTR? With quotes from one of my colleagues? That's worth celebrating!

Halloween Broadcast of Notorious War of the Worlds Radio Drama Turns 85

No comments: